Sunday, March 2, 2008

Birthdays Bring About Reflection



Angela, Rebecca and I celebrating my 36th
I finally reached mile marker 36 in my life.  Although this last year did not feel like I was cruising in any direction,  in reflection I was cruising in several directions, getting nowhere.  I am not one to enjoy that kind of traveling.  I am not the best person to take on a road trip for the simple fact I want to get where I am going and quickly.  So when my life slowed to first gear and encountered many dead ends, I longed for birthday 36th.  Not to celebrate, but to escape being in first gear.  I needed direction, I needed a map, at least get me in 3rd gear to where I am headed somewhere!  What I began to realize was that first gear was exactly where I needed to be.  I needed to stop and embrace the relief of knowing that even if you never get to where you want to go, being right where you are is the place where you are suppose to be.  And this lesson has been a great birthday gift to jump start my 36th year!


No comments: