Friday, March 21, 2008

"I guess it wasn't a Good Friday for Jesus"

As I put my two daughters down to bed this Good Friday night, we began to  talk about this day that was set aside to remember Jesus' death on the cross.  We talked about how he was beaten, spat upon, whipped, a crown of thorns crammed into His head and then nailed to a tree.  

We talked about how He was betrayed by Judas and Peter, how people cursed and made fun of Him, how He had to watch His own mother's agony and His friends mourning as He hung there to die.   The discussion was very reverent and somber.  And, how fitting for my six year old Sophie Grace to soberly say, "I guess it wasn't a Good Friday for Jesus."

No, it wasn't a Good Friday for Jesus.  He died a horrible death and as my daughter finished her statement, I could feel a rise of anger within my heart.  Yes, it was good that Jesus died on the cross and saved us from our sins!  But, it is just so easy to forget all that He had to go through to make it a "Good Friday."  

So, for the rest of my Good Friday, I am pondering and mourning the cruel act of the Crucifixion that Jesus, the Paschal Lamb had to endure.  

1 comment:

Angela Hart said...

I love to go to your blog and there is blogging! Great reminder Sharon! I'm back in town. Love that your blog is up and running!!