Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Redemption means taking action!







Redeem.... This week more than any other Easter week in my life have I reflected on this word in such a way that it catches my breath.  Webster defines redeem as to make good or change for the better.  When I think of Jesus' death on the cross I am amazed at the change for the better it made in my life and the world!  Where would I be in my own situations if He had not already redeemed them? I may not see redemption this side of heaven, but I know His hand is upon them.  Redemption almost requires a choice to act; if we are not active in wanting to make change for the better then how can anything be redeemed?  For Jesus knew exactly the kind of death He was going to die and He had every opportunity to back out!  However, He knew what the consequences of backing out would be and I believe acted on courage and strength to follow through with His self-sacrifice.  I admire the courage of those who choose to actively try to redeem a situation.   This last year I was on the receiving end of redemption and it filled my soul with gratitude and hope.  I was witness, this last year,  to the redemption of God and the courage of one who made a change for the better in my life!  Thank you, for I am forever grateful!

No comments: