Saturday, August 2, 2008

What I love about Ang...Happy Birthday Girl!


Today was my dear friend Angela's birthday!  My early evening was spent celebrating with about 25 other friends Angela's birthday.  I left the party early to take Silas my one year old home to bed and in the departure forgot to sign the wonderful "tribute to Ang" book that was circulating the room.  So,  I thought it would be fun to write about my friend, Angela.  She is a deeply caring, loving, self-sacrificing, intelligent, honest, incredibly fun girl.  Angela is simplicity, what you see is what you get.  There are no hidden agenda's or pretentions, she is what she is.   She is a great cook, wine connoisseur (no seriously she writes review on wines), athletic, and knows just what to say to make the room lighten up.  What I love most about her however, is  that she "gets" me.  Why is that what I like most?  When someone is truly understood by the other in a relationship, it reflects a person who is thoughtful and present in that relationship.  I have had friends who have only surfaced during the "hard" times of life or friends that say they are praying for me, but I walk away wondering why I haven't heard from them or if they are really praying.  My friend Angela, has been there for me in my darkest hour and is here today in my celebration of life.  I am also quite confident in knowing she does pray for me and knows me well enough to know how to pray.  And when you find that friend that "gets" you,  you have found a friend for life.

1 comment:

Angela Hart said...

Sharon, I'm right back atcha with all the kudo's. You are the same kind of friend to me... which is why it works so effortlessly. Thanks for your thoughtful words. Love you. Peace out. ;)