Sunday, August 3, 2008

Where have you seen Christ in your day?


I was awoken this morning by my baby boy, Silas.     I tried to put him back down in his crib, but he clung tightly to my shirt demanding comfort.  I rocked him a bit and then decided to bring him to bed.  Who can resist a warm baby who loves to snuggle.  As I laid down he curled his little body right up next to me and gently placed his hand on my chest and fell right to sleep.  The bedroom was lit with nightlights so that my seven year old who was also sleeping with me, could see her way to the bathroom.  the light reflected on my children's faces.  I glanced over to Sophie Grace and then back down at the baby and felt a gentle smile spread across my face.  This is heaven I thought.  Such peace, tranquility and innocence that has not been lost.  A genuine quietude.  It is in moments like those that I am filled with gratitude for the ever present Christ, the One who manifests His peace in the face of a child or His serenity in the stillness of a room. 

No comments: